Saturday, September 18, 2010

Goodbye Summer Girls


Summer Breezes by Paula Nightengale




Summer Girls
I see summer girls in splendor
Walk footbare on fields of green
Sea-wet hair dried by warm breezes
Swirling through an open screen.
I see summer skin sun-ripened
Under flowing loose white gown
Mound of freckled salt-stiff breast
Hair at nape of neck like down.
I see summer girls in laughter
After yellow ball spins round
Voices murmur in the twilight
Fever rising with the sound.
I see summer rain on faces
Sleep-soft bodies stir in morn
Stain of virgin seed and berry
Strut of sainted youth reborn.
I see you summer girls and dread
The day veils will turn heartless
No more to open on blue hills
When I lie down with darkness.
~Joeseph Dunphy






I know I am but summer to your heart

I know I am but summer to your heart,
And not the full four seasons of the year;
And you must welcome from another part
Such noble moods as are not mine, my dear.
No gracious weight of golden fruits to sell
Have I, nor any wise and wintry thing;
And I have loved you all too long and well
To carry still the high sweet breast of spring.

Wherefore I say: O love, as summer goes,
I must be gone, steal forth with silent drums,
That you may hail anew the bird and rose
When I come back to you, as summer comes.
Else will you seek, at some not distant time,
Even your summer in another clime.
~Edna St.Vincent Milay

>

Does the Song of the Sea
end at the Shore
or in the Heart of Those
who listen to it?





Goodbye Summer Girls....



(photos courtesy of Sense & Sensibility patterns)

1 comment:

Joan Princing Art said...

I just wanted to stop by and thank you so much for your kind words regarding our little Miss Skippy Wu. I haven't been on blogger for two months, I am back now and I wanted you to know your words meant a lot. Thank you. Have a wonderful day. Joan