Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Apple Blossom Time


This beauty was picked up on the discount bulb pile at Walmart. The bulb had sprouted in the box and was curled and rather anemic, but I brought her home anyway. Its been slow going, but here she is at last in all her Apple Blossom amaryllis beauty. Its a bit early to be thinking about wedding season, but my mother loved the arrival of apple blossoms in spring, and the lyrics to this song floated to the surface of my memory.

I'll Be With You In Apple Blossom Time
(
Neville Fleeson/Albert Von Tilzer

I'm writing you, my dear,
Just to tell you,
In September, you remember
'Neath the old apple tree
You whispered to me
When it blossomed again, you'd be mine.

I've waited until I could claim you,
I hope I've not waited in vain.
For when it's spring in the valley,
I'm coming, my sweetheart, again!

I'll be with you in apple blossom time,
I'll be with you to change your name to mine.

One day in May
I'll come and say:
"Happy the bride the sun shines on today!"
What a wonderful wedding there will be,
What a wonderful day for you and me!

Church bells will chime

You will be mine
in apple blossom time.

I'll be with you in apple blossom time,

I'll be with you to change your name to mine.



-Tigerlily

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry my dear, but we have apple blossoms on the tree right now. na na na na na naaaa.

(just teasing) we can only grow about 3-4 kinds of low chill apples and few stone fruits. I woundn't mind a little chill.

Mrs of the Regiment said...

what a beautiful flower. I guess I might have to get some amarylis for next spring - its only 6 months off here in the southern hemisphere.